My goal is to help owners and others speak dog to reach their goals and to create a safer environment for both animals and their human companions.
I am a Certified Behavior Consultant.
What does that mean exactly? In technical terms, this means that I apply biological knowledge with observation and data of individual dogs to help owners work through their behavioral quandaries. This is a method that combines both a subjective and objective approach to decipher why certain behaviors are exhibited in individual animals, and using that information for the betterment of the canine-human relationship.
In more simple terms – I help owners and other professionals figure out why certain behaviors occur and help develop treatment plans to alleviate stress leading to undesirable behaviors in canine companions.
You can visit my Methodology page to learn more about my approach to behavior and modification.
A few other helpful things to know about me:
- Certified by the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants
- Certified Service Dog Trainer
- AKC Canine Good Citizen® (CGC) Approved Evaluator
- AKC Temperament Test® (ATT) Approved Evaluator
- I practice a Least Invasive Minimally Aversive strategy in my approach to behavior modification