Pet parents cite a variety of barriers when it comes to getting walks in with their pup, including:
1. My dog is reactive to dogs and other distractions.
2. My dog is old and/or can’t keep up with my younger dog.
3. I have a backyard for my dog to run in.
4. I don’t have time to walk my dog between work and family responsibilities.
5. I have a small dog, and I don’t think they need to walk.
Sound familiar? While these reasons may feel like valid reasons to forgo regular walks with your dog, your pup is missing out on some serious benefits that can help them live a happier, healthier life now and in the future. In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of walking your dog and pro tips to overcome common barriers that may be holding you back.
Continue reading the full article; https://nativepet.com/blogs/health/is-your-dog-getting-enough-walks
Originally published for Native Pet