Trimming your dogs nails doesn’t have to be intimidating. Often dogs that are terrible when getting their nails trimmed have been conditioned that way by people for a number of reasons including things like having anxiety about nail trimming when attempting to nail trim, not making it a positive experience, (fun or at least tasty) for the dog just like every other activity they enjoy, improper set up for comfortable handling, cutting their nails too much as a puppy, and cutting into their quick (sensitive vascular part of their nails) too many times.
All of these things can be avoided by going into nail trimming with a little education, being conservative at first, having a positive attitude, keeping it enjoyable for your dog, and just like any other skill – practicing!
Don’t worry about black nails, don’t worry if they are fussy the first time or two. You both have to get used to the process to be comfortable with it.
If you still feel uncomfortable after watching this video – have a groomer or a veterinary technician spend a few minutes with you to show you in person.
Don’t forget my favorite tool in nail care – the Dremel! Below is a list of items I use in this video if you’d like to shop around for the same:
Small Nail Trimmers (puppies, cats, kittens, small dogs): https://amzn.to/2XR3RVS
Heavy Duty Nail Trimmers w/Guard (medium, large, and giant dogs): https://amzn.to/2RTp39Q
Heavy Duty Nail Trimmers w/out Guard: https://amzn.to/2zbiuJ3
Dremel Lite (small version comes with cone tip): https://amzn.to/2XWONGh
Dremel (My personal Pick): https://amzn.to/3bp9E8Y
Cone Tip for Dremel: https://amzn.to/3cvneHW
If you’d like to work with me schedule a virtual consultation: https://saraondrako.com
○ How To Trim Puppy Nails: https://youtu.be/X91_e4fsXg4
○ How To Remove Dog Hair From Your Car : https://youtu.be/PGrVyi8K07c
○ How To Get Your Dog To Love The Muzzle: https://youtu.be/DqM2_vLcQ2Y
○ How To Brush Your Dogs Teeth: https://youtu.be/aU3n7kaPxKI
○ How To Give A Rescue Dog A Bath: https://youtu.be/Zj9S9apdJN4
○ Canine CPR: What You Must Know: https://youtu.be/uy8SURrYyKU
○ How to Make and Use a Dog First Aid Kit: https://youtu.be/7QEjWTMcSkg
○ Furbo Review: How To Use It & Is It Worth It? https://youtu.be/YS5uVHtcB10