In this super-quick two step process I show you the only way to safely use a retractable leash.
In all seriousness, retractable leashes are the reason for so many accidents that are completely preventable, simply by using a different lead. I go over several of these real-life dangers in the video.
One important thing that I don’t mention in the video: having a bad incident occur during a puppy’s developmental fear period, (i.e. in the case of getting entangled with another dog’s leash causing a fight when there wouldn’t be without the entanglement) can cause permanent damage and even lead to your dog not being able to safely socialize with other animals. There are serious consequences to a scary event happening during one of your puppy’s fear periods and using a retractable leash with a puppy taking the risk that you are allowing a permanent life stressor to occur.
They may seem a harmless convenience but retractable leashes pose many threats not only to the dogs attached to them, but the humans on the other side of the leash as well.
○ Furbo Review: How To Use It & Is It Worth It? https://youtu.be/YS5uVHtcB10
○ Canine CPR: What You Must Know: https://youtu.be/uy8SURrYyKU
○ How To Create Boundaries With Your Dog: https://youtu.be/hk-2mojpkYg
○ The Perfect Walk: https://youtu.be/n2SFE1n8maI
○ How To Remove Dog Hair From Your Car : https://youtu.be/PGrVyi8K07c
○ How To Get Your Dog To Love The Muzzle: https://youtu.be/DqM2_vLcQ2Y
○ Know Before Adopting From The Shelter: https://youtu.be/rD_GTyV7shI